For Immediate Release
July 18, 2017
Contact: Duane Adams
Duane Adams Outlines Priorities for Board Seat
-Board of Supervisors Mineral District Candidate Priorities-
LOUISA – Today, Duane Adams, Republican candidate for the Mineral District Board of Supervisors released his priorities for the Louisa County Board of Supervisors. These priorities seek to address important issues affecting the Louisa community including economic development, education, public safety, fiscal responsibility, and government transparency.
“It is essential that Louisa County develop a growth plan to prepare us for projected population increases while maintaining the rural identity that so many of us love,” Adams said. “Our current path of ever increasing taxes is not sustainable. Smart economic development will provide the necessary revenue to meet the needs of our citizens with the added benefit of providing stable employment opportunities.”
Candidate Duane Adams’s priorities include the following issues:
Economic Development - Positioned between Richmond, Fredericksburg, and Charlottesville, Louisa is uniquely positioned for growth and development. Too many young people leave Louisa County due to lack of stable job opportunities.
- Generate the funding necessary for core functions of county government without raising taxes by encouraging smart economic growth.
- Remove barriers to entry for business exploring the Louisa marketplace.
- Provide future-proof hard wired broadband which is critical to attract investment and to serve our citizens.
Education – Our school system has the responsibility to prepare our high school graduates with the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to immediately compete in the workforce or succeed as they move forward to higher education opportunities.
- Return curriculum decision to local school boards and superintendents.
- Provide teachers with the necessary funding, flexibility, and opportunities to educate our students rather than teach to the next mandated standardized test.
Public Safety – As a rural county, we depend on properly staffed Sheriff, Fire, and EMS services. This is critical not only from the standpoint of our citizens, but the safety of our first responders.
- Provide funding to expand paid staff.
- Partner with our school systems, civic organizations, churches, and community to aggressively seek volunteers for our fire and EMS services.
- Develop the necessary planning and training to take on the horrifying opioid epidemic sweeping our state.
Fiscal Responsibility – It is the Board’s duty to safeguard Louisa’s tax dollar by focusing the county’s budget on the core responsibilities of government.
- Craft budgets which fund necessities before luxuries
“Tax dollars do not belong to the county government, they belong to the citizens of Louisa County. I will question every dollar the county spends,” said Duane.
Government Transparency - Government exists to serve the people, not the other way around. By encouraging citizen involvement in the process, the end result will be a more responsive and responsible government.
- Rotate Board of Supervisor meetings throughout the county four times a year. Bring the government to the people.
- Move Board of Supervisor Public Session start times from 6 P.M. to 7 P.M. to accommodate the work schedule of our citizens.
- Hold regularly scheduled town hall meetings to allow the citizens to directly address their issues and concerns to the elected officials.
Duane Adams, 16 year resident of Louisa County, is the Republican nominee for the Mineral District Board of Supervisors seat. Duane is married to Susan Adams and has two sons Dakota and Tyler, both graduates of Louisa County High School, and one granddaughter, Raylin. Duane has worked in the insurance industry for 36 years and operates a local lawn care company.